COVID-19 has required us to rethink all that we do. So, here at Blue Star Families, we’ve compiled a robust virtual toolkit for you to utilize while you’re practicing social distancing, shelter in place measures, homeschooling your kiddos, working from home, and even making your way through a possible quarantine.
- Headspace – access meditation and mindfulness content for free with a membership to this app (valued at $95.88)
- Thrive Market – receive a free membership (valued at $59.95) to shop and ship best-selling natural and organic products at wholesale prices right to your doorstep
- Caribu – enjoy books focused on military children in the app’s dedicated Blue Star Families category
*These member benefits are available exclusively for our members. If you’re not already, click here to become a part of our family.
Resources for All:
Fun for Your #MilKids:
- How to Talk to Your Kids About COVID-19
- Helping Children Cope
- Sesame Street Workshop
- 10 Nature Activities
Learning Resources for Your #MilKids:
- 150 Educational Shows on Netflix
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- The Smithsonian Learning Lab
- Smithsonian Science Education Center’s Game Center
- Kennedy Center Drawing Time with Mo Willems
- Activity Pages for Children from the Smithsonian Learning Center
- Smithsonian Folklife and Oral History Interviewing Guide
- Discovery Ed
Field Trips for You or Your #MilKids:
- Virtual Opera
- Daily Safaris at the Cincinnati Zoo
- 30 Virtual Field Trips
- British Museum
- Guggenheim Museum
- National Gallery of Art
- Musée d’Orsay
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Pergamon Museum
- Van Gogh Museum
- The J. Paul Getty Museum
- Uffizi Gallery
- Museu de Arte de São Paulo
- National Museum of Anthropology
As an organization, we will continue working with our partners to monitor the impact of the evolving situation and provide you with additional meaningful resources you can utilize during this time. If you have an idea or resource to add, respond below with a comment!
If you haven’t already, join Blue Star Families today to get connected to our supportive community of military family members and civilian neighbors. We’ll get through this, together.
The post Virtual Resources for Social Distancing During COVID-19 appeared first on Blue Star Families.